Since 2014 CoFIRED has worked to create a more inclusive campus and to support undocumented students on campus and beyond.
Our mission is to advance the rights of undocumented students at Dartmouth College and in the United States through raising awareness and educating the Dartmouth community on immigration issues and the undocumented experience. We strive to make Dartmouth College a welcoming, supportive, and safe campus for undocumented students.
- To build consciousness around the issues that undocumented youth face in both private and public institutions of learning.
- To cultivate the seeds for a more inclusive Dartmouth community.
- To spread awareness of the complexities, social, psychological, and spiritual, of the undocumented experience.
- To increase the number of administrators and staff that have expertise about immigration reform, undocumented immigrants and immigrants.
- To unite forces that support a comprehensive immigration approach at Dartmouth College.